Candidate Statement/Photo Instructions
The deadline for statement, photo, and social media submission is 5pm October 16, 2020. You can submit the statement, photo and social media separately; they do not need to be submitted at the same time. You can begin submitting these items September 24th.
- Submit your statement electronically using the form via this page (available Thursday, September 24).Those who submit their statement before the deadline will be posted as soon as they are received.
- You can either type directly into the web form or cut and paste the text from another file.
- The web form will have a fixed maximum number of characters and will indicate the number of characters remaining. Character count is 1,000 (including spaces) for Board of Directors candidates. Please note: Those numbers are character counts — not word counts.
- Statements will be printed in the same type font and size. The web form will not accept bold, italic, or underlined type. No images, unicode, emojis, graphics, or dingbats allowed. Bullet points and dashes are acceptable — see box below for how to format text for these special characters.
- If you want to use a • (bullet point), use an * (asterisk)
- If you want to use a — (long dash), use – – (two hyphens without
- Please proof your statement before submission. You cannot make changes once submitted, and the Election Committee is not allowed to correct errors in spelling or grammar.
- Submit your photo (JPEG or PNG format) electronically using the form via this page (available Thursday, September 24). Those who submit their photo before the deadline will be posted as soon as they are received.
- The photo should be a front-facing, high-resolution headshot, not too tightly cropped on the face. We may need to resize photos to fit the allotted space. Photo must be of the candidate only and must not show logos of our affiliates (CFT, CTA, AFT, and NEA).
- A clear, well-lit headshot taken on a smartphone should work. Normally candidates submit a color photo, but you may submit a black and white photo if you wish.
- Candidates may input social media links for Facebook, Twitter, and a campaign website beginning Thursday, September 24.
- Those who submit their links before the deadline will be posted as soon as they are received.
Please contact us if you have any questions.